Ad1

Wednesday 21 May 2014

Goan Style Egg curry (Coconut based gravy)



Hi all, today I am very excited as I am going to do a guest post on my blog. This is my very first guest post and I am so happy that it's none other than Mr.Sushant Varma (My husband). He is a very good cook and more important - loves to cook. He is an IT professional and doesn't get much time, but whenever he is free he does it, specially on weekends. Last weekend we went together for a group meet of Chef at Large, its one of the biggest foodie group on Facebook having more than 32000 members. There we had a secret ingredient swap (Every member got an ingredient, which was not revealed to other members, then they were shuffled and distributed back). Me and Sushant both are the members, hence we both participated in it. He got a fresh whole coconut, with which he had to prepare a dish. 


So he decided to prepare a Goan egg curry. We prepare egg curry frequently but the normal way its made, never tried it before but must say will be switching to this curry now more often. Won't be taking much time and straight away directing to Sushant.

"When I left home for my further studies, had various choices with food and had no idea about cooking. I went to New Delhi and had almost same options on most of the food joints with the same kind of taste. As very well said that “Necessity is the mother of invention” (for me cooking was an invention). I started cooking, but with a big question mark. Tried and failed many a times but somehow learnt the basic stuff. Then went to Mumbai for work and spent almost 3 years there. Great place with great people must say. There I learnt lot many varieties and got to know a lot about Goan food from one of my Goan friend. When cooking converted to passion from necessity never knew. But as an IT professional it’s so tough to take out time and continue our passion. I got married and that too with a foodie. Bas phir kya tha the journey began. Still I don’t get a lot of time, but can see my passion through my wife’s eye. So after a very long story here is the Recipe."
 
Recipe is for 2 portions, you can always increase the ratio as per the people.

Ingredients-

  • Eggs : 4 nos
  • Onions : 2 medium
  • Garlic : 4-5 cloves
  • Ginger : 1” piece
  • Fresh Coconut : ½ cup (remove the brown part)
  • Coconut milk : ¼ cup
  • Tomato paste : 1 tomato (I used concentrated hence 1 tbsp)
  • Tamarind pulp : 1 tsp
  • Whole red Chili : 1
  • Cumin seeds : 1 tsp
  • Coriander seeds : 1 tbsp
  • Turmeric Powder : ¼ tsp
  • Red chili powder : ½ tsp
  • Garam Masala : ½ tsp
  • Salt : As per the taste
  • Coconut oil – 2 tbsps (You can take any vegetable oil too)
Method -
  • Roughly chop ginger, garlic, onions and coconut.
  • Boil eggs
  • Heat oil in a pan. Once hot, add whole red chilies, cumin seeds, coriander seeds and then garlic and ginger. Once done, add onions and sauté till they change the color to pink. Add coconut and again sauté till you get nice golden brown color. Add the powdered spices and tomato paste and fry until oil oozes out. Add tamarind pulp and stir. Now cool down the mixture and blend to a paste. In the same pan, pour it back and cook. Add coconut milk and stir continuously till a boil comes. Add salt and boiling water (if required). You can adjust the gravy consistency by adding water. Now add the boiled eggs cut into two and cover the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Garnish it with green coriander. Enjoy with Chapati, or steam rice.
Thanks
Sushant


Thanks a lot Sushant for sharing this wonderful recipe with us :)) 

Please do share your experiences and feedback with me in the below section of comments or on my Facebook page. I too have a You Tube channel please do visit for all the video recipes. All the links mentioned below :) 

1 comment:

  1. If I can write like you, I will be very happy, but where is my luck, in fact people like you are an example for the world. You have written this comment very beautifully, I am very glad that I thank you from the bottom of my heart. college girl gurgaon
    beautiful Girl Gurgaon
    online girl gurgaon
    Online Girl Number Dehradun
    Gurgaon girl number
    housewife Gurgaon
    premium health
    Health Tips
    Rice Cake
    India Rice Cake

    ReplyDelete