Ad1

Friday 16 May 2014

Oatmeal, raisins & choco chips cookies (Eggless & with eggs both version)


Oatmeal cookies are not new in our home as its liked by everyone hence an all time favourite snack for our family. Secondly its healthy too :). I have prepared them with & without eggs and frankly speaking didn't find much difference. They are crunchy outside and chewy inside. Have a nice buttery flavour with a sweetness of raisins & chocolate. I also add cinnamon powder to it as its my one of the favourite flavours, its totally optional but I must admit that it takes cookies to the next level :))))


Tomorrow I am planning to meet one of my foodie friend, so just thought to bake something for him. Made few goodies and will upload soon. The one thing which I thought to prepare first were these, as I am pretty sure it will be loved :). Presenting a food goodie to a foodie friend is quite tough na........But making my fingers crossed, I have packed them. 


They are very easy to prepare and have a longer shelflife. These can be stored in an airtight containers for a longer time. Having one cookie with a cup of milk is very healthy and believe me kids just love it. Once I prepared it for my niece and she became crazy for them, used to have them in her breakfast without any fuss, she is just 4 :))))). So lets quickly run through the ingredients following the method :)

I am also posting here a video for an eggless version, so all my vegetarian friends can see it. I didn't add chocolate chips in this version, if you like you can add 1/4 cup of chocolate chips too. 

Ingredients :
  • Rolled oats - 1 + 1/2 cup (Old fashioned or quick any can be used)
  • All purpose flour/Maida/ Plain flour - 3/4 cup
  • Light Brown Sugar - 1/2 cup packed
  • Castor sugar - 1/4 cup
  • Butter - 1/2 cup (at room temperature)
  • Egg - 1 nos 
  • Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
  • Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
  • Salt - 1/2 tsp
  • Cinnamon Powder - 1/4 tsp (optional)
  • Raisins - 1/2 cup
  • Choco chips - 1/4 cup
Method :
  • Preheat your oven at 180 ° C/350 ° F
  • In a big bowl beat butter till fluffy & light. 
  • Now add both the sugars and continue beating till mixed well and the mixture becomes fluffy.
  • Now add one egg and vanilla essence.
  • In a separate bowl sift & whisk all the dry ingredients - All purpose flour + Baking Soda + Cinnamon powder + Salt.
  • Fold in the dry ingredients to the wet (butter mixture)
  • Incorporate oats + raisins + choco chips.
  • Place the cookies with the help of ice cream scoop or spoons on the baking tray lined with parchment paper/aluminum foil.
  • Bake them on the middle shelf for 17-20 minutes. If you like your cookies to be more chewer and not very much crispy then bake them till 15 minutes only. 
  • Take them out, let them rest for 5 minutes on the baking sheet. Later transfer them to a cooling rack and let them completely cool for atleast an hour. Once cooled store them in an air tight jar.
Note : 
  • I have used brown sugar, but if its not available then you can use normal white granulated sugar too. If you can grind the sugar then that will also work great.
  • Once baked, cookies tend to get bit harder when comes in contact with air. So don't panic if they are soft on touching after 15-17 minutes.
  • Adding raisins & choco chips is totally up to your choice.
Enjoy with your family & friends :)


Do share your experiences and feedback with me in the below section of comments or on my Facebook page. I too have a You Tube channel please do visit for all the video recipes. All the links mentioned below :)



Thanks & Happy Baking 
Priyanka :) 

14 comments:

  1. They look yummy! And nicely baked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these today and they were just out of the world. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so Glad that u liked them :), pls subscribe my channel and blog for the updates of such recipes(its free)
      Thanks

      Delete
  3. Hi priyanka,I tried this cookies but unfortunately it didn't come nice.I tried cookies first time so i am not able to get the problem.
    First time all cookies melted in oven so I took them out and add some more batter and butter into the mixture but this time it got sticked into plate itself.
    Could you plz suggest wat to do as still some batter is left and also how to get that sticked cookies.
    thanks. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Divya these cookies are very easy to prepare, make sure that whatever ingredients are in right ratio, for that please go with the measurements given. Make sure you grease your tray well or I would suggest to line it up with aluminum foil or baking paper.Then while baking a proper temperature should be maintained. After they get baked, let them rest in the tray for 3-5 minutes and then with a help of a laddle take them out.

      Delete
  4. Hi Priyanka its been some time I am on chef at large and I really admire your cooking and presentation... I will soon be trying your recipies for baked stuff but first I need to buy an oven...could you pleas enlighten which one should I buy for regular home baking... Thanks a lot in advance....would look forward to your reply.... Abhilasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Abhilasha, Sorry for the late reply, some how missed this message.
      I would suggest you to buy Morphy Richards, as I have used it and personally prefer all their products :)

      Delete
  5. How to make these without egg?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, for the eggless version, I have attached the video link in the post please refer to it.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6oql2Lldng

      Delete
  6. Nice blog...Thank you for sharing..You can buy this types of cookies at this online store...https://goo.gl/TKGUZD

    Website link...:- https://www.makeinindiatrade.com/industry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi priyanka, I baked it for six mins and it has burnt.. I still have a lot of batter left, please suggest what to do next?

    ReplyDelete